Dates: January 27 (Friday)
January 28 (Saturday – lunch)
February 4 (Saturday)
The deadline for signing up is Friday, January 13, 2023.
What are In-Home Dinners? In-Home dinners are an opportunity for members and friends of First Parish of Sudbury (FPS) to have dinner with 6-10 people in the private homes of our members and friends. The dinners are Pot Luck, with the host/hostess arranging what people will bring to ensure there is a balanced meal. Every effort is made to accommodate special needs, such as dietary restrictions, a mostly vegetarian meal, accessibility to the house, food and pet allergies, etc.
How does it work?
- People volunteer to host a dinner or lunch, indicating the dates(s) to host and the number of people (including those already in the household) that can be accommodated at the dinner table.
- Those who want to attend a dinner or lunch choose a date and backup date (if possible) to attend.
- The hosts/hostesses and attendees are matched.
- Each host is provided with a list of attendees for that event.
- The host/hostess contacts the attendees for that dinner and coordinates what each person will bring. (Main dish, side dish, salad, appetizer, dessert, wine, etc.)
How do I participate?
- To be a guest: Contact Carolyn Lee () with In-Home dinner as the subject line
- Indicate your date preference(s) and if you have any special needs (dietary, allergies, accessibility, etc.), and the number of people in your group.
- Indicate whether you have children you would like to bring with you.
- Mark the date on your calendar!
- If you need a ride, let us know and it can be arranged.
- To be a host/hostess: Contact Carolyn with In-Home Dinner host as the subject line
- Select your date and time; indicate the number of people you can accommodate; are there pets in your house; are there steps to access your house; are you willing to welcome children?
In the pre-COVID years, this was a very popular social event at FPS with 60 to 80 participants a year. Don’t miss this FPS special opportunity to share friendship and good food. Guests may be asked to do a COVID test the day of, per the wishes of the host(ess).