The Religious Exploration Salon is a group that meets 3rd Sundays to discuss various topics. Last night we decided to continue to practice Bohm Dialogue this year. The topic for December 21 will be a continuation of the Nov 16 topic “decision making“.
Bohm Dialogue Principles:
- Suspend assumptions, do not judge
- Observe & listen to one another
- Welcome differences & explore them
- Allow taboo subjects to be raised safely
- Listen to your inner voice
- Slow the discussion
- Search for the underlying meaning
(see more details about how Dialogue works in our February article).
Everyone is welcome. You are welcome to think about the topic beforehand but no preparation is required or expected — come as you are with whatever thoughts/feelings/intuitions you have, ready to listen, learn and contribute. Our next meeting will be on November 16th at 7pm in the Brackett Room.
Some past topics: “justice”, “creativity”, and “altruism and selfishness in human nature”.
Proposed future topics include:
- political action
- our (in)ability to change others’ minds
Contact Paul Reising for more information.